• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1980s TV

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howmany of these do you absolutely remember? How many seem familiar? Any of them a complete blank?

I LOVED Misfits of Science. I was bummed when it was cancelled.

I remember liking Automan and Manimal, but don’t remember much about either. Cursor was a character that always stuck with me, though.

Starman was based on a rather successful movie, and IIRC, the show lasted 2 seasons. I don’t think it belongs on this list.

I vaguely remember Highwayman, Wizard and Phoenix. No clue about Mathew Star, Wizards & Warriors, Shadow Chasers or the Outlaws.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howmany of these do you absolutely remember? How many seem familiar? Any of them a complete blank?

I remember liking Automan and Manimal, but don’t remember much about either. Cursor was a character that always stuck with me, though.

Starman was based on a rather successful movie, and IIRC, the show lasted 2 seasons. I don’t think it belongs on this list.

I vaguely remember Highwayman, Wizard and Phoenix. No clue about Mathew Star, Wizards & Warriors, Shadow Chasers or the Outlaws.

The first shown....Automan "starred" Dezi Arnez, Jr. Son of Lucille Ball and Arnez Sr. Interesting info for the day.

Don't recall it tho...looks like a Tron rip-off.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first shown....Automan "starred" Dezi Arnez, Jr. Son of Lucille Ball and Arnez Sr. Interesting info for the day.

Don't recall it tho...looks like a Tron rip-off.
It was. I don’t remember specifically, but I think he was an ai that got out of the computer, somehow. Cursor was his “pet” that could 3D print just about anything he wanted on the fly.

I am pretty sure the show was simple episodic without much of an overall arc.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only one I recall is Manimal. My brother and I really liked it. I remember trying to manipulate my hand like his when he transformed. I think it was short lived. Like two seasons?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one I recall is Manimal. My brother and I really liked it. I remember trying to manipulate my hand like his when he transformed. I think it was short lived. Like two seasons?

8 episodes acording to IMDb

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 episodes acording to IMDb
I didn’t look it up, but my memory told me it was a very short lived series.

Yet I catch tons of pop culture references to it (a couple a year).

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking the same thing about Starman.
I remember Misfits of Science, Manimal, Outlaws, Highwayman and Wizard and Phoenix. Or at least I think I do.