• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#14 Way too early look

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
however I have to look...

Thoughts on Arden Key from LSU?

Although I have heard he has some off the field issues.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother and I were actually just discussing Iowa CB Josh Jackson at #14. Not saying that's the most ideal way to go considering we've spent so many high picks on the secondary recently, but the kid made big plays at big times all year and really stepped up against the best opponents. He's a gamer.

I like the idea of him and King locking down the edges for the next decade. There are lots of ways to go with this draft and I'd have an asterisk by Josh Jackson's name.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother and I were actually just discussing Iowa CB Josh Jackson at #14. Not saying that's the most ideal way to go considering we've spent so many high picks on the secondary recently, but the kid made big plays at big times all year and really stepped up against the best opponents. He's a gamer.

I like the idea of him and King locking down the edges for the next decade. There are lots of ways to go with this draft and I'd have an asterisk by Josh Jackson's name.
Jackson is definitely on my list as well. Either way we go it needs to be a player that affects the passer with either rush or coverage IMO.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM will have a list come draft time. So many positions to target I would say they take BPA for their needs at #14.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is definitely on my list as well. Either way we go it needs to be a player that affects the passer with either rush or coverage IMO.
IMO it needs to be a quality pass rusher. A good pass rush takes the pressure off the db's and we have enough high round draft picks in the d backfield. Our lack of pass rush absolutely killed us on 3rd downs this year. One of the worst in the league in getting off the field on 3rd down

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it needs to be a quality pass rusher. A good pass rush takes the pressure off the db's and we have enough high round draft picks in the d backfield. Our lack of pass rush absolutely killed us on 3rd downs this year. One of the worst in the league in getting off the field on 3rd down

I agree that pass rush is highest priority, but it's not necessarily the best choice at 14. Hypothetically, we could see six pass rushers go in the top 13 and zero cornerbacks. So when the Packers get to pick, is it better to grab the 7th-best defensive lineman prospect or the very best cornerback prospect?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that pass rush is highest priority, but it's not necessarily the best choice at 14. Hypothetically, we could see six pass rushers go in the top 13 and zero cornerbacks. So when the Packers get to pick, is it better to grab the 7th-best defensive lineman prospect or the very best cornerback prospect?
I like Jackson too but I dont think there is any chance that he makes it to us...especially not as the first CB taken.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jackson too but I dont think there is any chance that he makes it to us...especially not as the first CB taken.

I think there's a pretty good chance he makes it to 14. I also think there's a pretty good chance we'd pass on him even if he was available because I also think there's a good chance there will be a run on offensive players ahead of us - pushing some very good front-7 prospects down to us. We'll see how things play out.

Here's some mocks posted within the last day or two...

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Josh Rosen to Broncos, Colts grab Saquon Barkley

2018 NFL Mock Draft No. 1 - Rotoworld.com

2018 NFL Mock Draft: 1st-Round Predictions, Top Prospects After CFP Championship

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-d...ld-cleveland-browns-saquon-barkley-josh-rosen

2018 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love looking at mocks but before the combine it’s a complete crapshoot. After the combine it’s still all over the place.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a pretty good chance he makes it to 14. I also think there's a pretty good chance we'd pass on him even if he was available because I also think there's a good chance there will be a run on offensive players ahead of us - pushing some very good front-7 prospects down to us. We'll see how things play out.

Here's some mocks posted within the last day or two...

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Josh Rosen to Broncos, Colts grab Saquon Barkley

2018 NFL Mock Draft No. 1 - Rotoworld.com

2018 NFL Mock Draft: 1st-Round Predictions, Top Prospects After CFP Championship

2018 NFL mock draft: The Browns’ rebuild continues

2018 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com
I gave it some more thought and Jackson making it to the teens isnt out of the realm of possibility. He likely isnt the first CB taken with Minkah Fitzpatrick out of Bama likely being the first off the board.

New GM has me excited. We could potentially move up because we have alot of ammo with Comp Picks.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave it some more thought and Jackson making it to the teens isnt out of the realm of possibility. He likely isnt the first CB taken with Minkah Fitzpatrick out of Bama likely being the first off the board.

New GM has me excited. We could potentially move up because we have alot of ammo with Comp Picks.

Minkah is a hybrid CB/S that will most likely play more safety in the NFL. I agree that he will probably go before Jackson.

I see Jackson as a pretty solid shut down corner prospect and given that Pettine is a press coverage guy, I like the prospect of drafting him even more under Pettine. King and Jackson could be Pettine's Revis and Cromartie.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other note: Revis was drafted 14th overall by the Jets in 2007.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle played well down the stretch too. I am excited to see him and Rollins with a new vision from the coach. They both clearly have talent.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle played well down the stretch too. I am excited to see him and Rollins with a new vision from the coach. They both clearly have talent.

I don't know if I would go so far as to call Randall's play "well", but it was certainly better than the "embarrassingly pathetic" we had been seeing.

I haven't completely written off either guy, but I haven't seen either of them as ideal shut down press corners to this point. I certainly hope both turn the corner in 2018, but also wouldn't be completely comfortable needing to rely on those guys to shut down the the edges.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Jackson had a disappointing combine. Ward has improved in my eyes.

My list in no order(for now):
Landry
Edmunds
James
Ward
Davenport

Im iffy on Davenport only because he would be played out of position. However with Pettine would could move back to a 4-3

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Jackson had a disappointing combine. Ward has improved in my eyes.

My list in no order(for now):
Landry
Edmunds
James
Ward
Davenport

Im iffy on Davenport only because he would be played out of position. However with Pettine would could move back to a 4-3

Jackson didn't have a shining combine, but that doesn't downgrade him even the slightest bit to me. Jackson was never going to be a model of elite athleticism. What I saw from him was potentially elite-level defensive awareness, technique and control. Those things are infinitely more important at the cornerback position than how many reps he can bench or how fast he can run with no pads on.

According to Bill Walsh, Jerry Rice ran pretty much the same 40 as Jackson did at the combine.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, we don’t have to worry about Randle anymore. I’m not sad to see him go. He did play better later in the season but compared to what he had been playing that’s not saying much.

Anyone think Sherman is worth going after? I do, not at all cost but I could see him really helping out the secondary. I haven’t paid attention but are there any blue chip outside linebackers that GB could grab in the first round?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we don’t have to worry about Randle anymore. I’m not sad to see him go. He did play better later in the season but compared to what he had been playing that’s not saying much.

Anyone think Sherman is worth going after? I do, not at all cost but I could see him really helping out the secondary. I haven’t paid attention but are there any blue chip outside linebackers that GB could grab in the first round?
49ers thought so lol

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll still be a BPA philosophy with Gute, but I don't think he will be as rigid in his decision making as TT was, from what I read.

Aside from Randall- Hawkins, Pipkins, and Brown are all young corners and King if his shoulder is good is clearly the lockdown man to man guy.

I'd love to see Chubb somehow fall to us :hope: