• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12 team H2H points team. Rate my picks

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C -- Russell Martin

1B -- Freddie Freeman, Mark Texiera

2B -- Rougned Odor, Jonathan Schoop

SS -- Carlos Correa

3B -- Matt Carpenter, Mikael Franco

OF -- Justin Upton, Jacoby Elsbury, George Springer, Stephen Piscotty, Denard Span, Dexter Fowler

SP -- Clayton Kershaw, Matt Harvey, Luis Severino, Justin Verlander, Gio Gonzalez, Joe Ross

RP -- Hector Rondon, Drew Storen, Sean Doolittle

I think I remembered everyone. Overall I'm fine with my team. Lost out on a half dozen guys I wanted because of the team drafting right before me. Every time I had someone loaded up to draft, he'd select him (Travis d'Arnaud, Anthony Rendon, Corey Seager is just a few)

As you can see -- 1st and 2nd base r the two spots I waited on as the top guys went off early. Also relief pitchers. I picked in the 5th and then had 20 picks before my next and I bet half the picks were relievers. At that point, I just want to assure I'd have 3 and didn't matter which ones.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good team. Other owners must have went pitching heavy, but then how did Kershaw fall to (I assume) the back of the 1st? Or did Correa fall to the middle of the 2nd? And which of Carpenter, Upton, Springer, Freeman, Franco and Odor fall out of the top six rounds?

Anyway...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good team. Other owners must have went pitching heavy, but then how did Kershaw fall to (I assume) the back of the 1st? Or did Correa fall to the middle of the 2nd? And which of Carpenter, Upton, Springer, Freeman, Franco and Odor fall out of the top six rounds?

Anyway...

this must be a keeper league... Kershaw and Correa?? Probably a keep one after a certain round type of league...

Overall very nice team... Your rotation behind Harvey is a little iffy... But there is enough potential for it to be fine...

How many Pitchers do you start?? and how big of a bench

Looks like you should drop at least 2 OFs for SPs...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U can't keep any player drafted in the 1st 3 rounds. My keepers were Correa and Harvey. Lost my 12th round for Correa. 6th for Harvey.

Agree about the pitchers. After starting with Kershaw 4th overall, we didn't draft another starter till the 9th or 10th. We usually have two every week starters and stream the other 3 spots.

You start 5 OF, 5 SP, 3 RP. That is why u get an overload at those spots. I had Seager as my other keeper originally, but they dropped the middle IF spot this year. So kept Harvey instead.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench is very limited. You only have 4 bench spots and a DL spot I believe.

They make it short to drive up transaction fees. 10 dollars for any add#drop or trade

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyway...
Keepers were Correa and Harvey.

Odor and Freeman. I got them in the 13th and 12th round. A few teams had the same type of strategy as I did and put off 1B and 2B.

Franco I took in like the 7th or 8th. Carpenter, Upton and Springer were my 2nd-4th picks.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They make it short to drive up transaction fees. 10 dollars for any add#drop or trade

So right now your bench is Ross, Span, Schoop, Tiexiera??

With Franco and Tiexiera at Util stream and Span and fowler in OF stream...

BTW: I like fowler much more than Span...

is this daily or weekly roster changes??

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right now your bench is Ross, Span, Schoop, Tiexiera??

With Franco and Tiexiera at Util stream and Span and fowler in OF stream...

BTW: I like fowler much more than Span...

is this daily or weekly roster changes??
Yes. I forgot one guy, so it must be 5 bench spots. Took AJ Reed in the last round to stash on the bench. Hope he tears up Triple A and takes over 1st for Houston.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I forgot one guy, so it must be 5 bench spots. Took AJ Reed in the last round to stash on the bench. Hope he tears up Triple A and takes over 1st for Houston.

Even if he does he has no spot on your team. You have freeman already. I wouldn't have him on my team unless he gets the 1b job at the start of the season. I would rather get one more SP.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love small benches. I'm in one league that starts 14, but has 35-man rosters. Granted, it's a keeper league in which we keep 10 MLB and 5 MiLB, but still, I like having benches of a handful or less.

I'm commish of an 18-team league and we start 14, have 5 bench spots and 2 IR spots (player must be on real DL).

$10 for any transaction? Jesus H Christ on a hang glider. How much are the league dues? One of my leagues has a $200 entry, but $10 would be considered steep even in that league.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love small benches. I'm in one league that starts 14, but has 35-man rosters. Granted, it's a keeper league in which we keep 10 MLB and 5 MiLB, but still, I like having benches of a handful or less.

I'm commish of an 18-team league and we start 14, have 5 bench spots and 2 IR spots (player must be on real DL).

$10 for any transaction? Jesus H Christ on a hang glider. How much are the league dues? One of my leagues has a $200 entry, but $10 would be considered steep even in that league.

Yea, I hate when leagues do the transaction fee... I don't think it is good for competition... But people like what they like...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Entry fee is only 150. The transaction fees really add up. We had around 750 dollars worth last year and we were middle of the road. The guy who finished deal last had almost 1500. Lol.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he does he has no spot on your team. You have freeman already. I wouldn't have him on my team unless he gets the 1b job at the start of the season. I would rather get one more SP.
Yeah. I always draft a prospect who is on the verge of getting called up with hopes he has a breakout year and I get him cheap as a keeper.

I will most likely get rid of Morales, as he only has Utility available and you can put anyone there.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I always draft a prospect who is on the verge of getting called up with hopes he has a breakout year and I get him cheap as a keeper.

I will most likely get rid of Morales, as he only has Utility available and you can put anyone there.

Morales?? kendrys?? you have him??? so confused...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He was another I forgot when I originally posted my roster. I was going off memory. I think that is it. The draft is 25 rounds. We start 20. 5 bench. 1 DL spot if needed

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morales?? kendrys?? you have him??? so confused...
I split the team with my brother. I sent him a list of players to look for in the last few rounds as the draft runs late and my little guy gets up way early. So I wasn't 100% positive on the last handful of rounds. Last two picks were Morales abs AJ Bell.
Morales is expendable. So I will pick up a pitcher to replace him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropped Morales and added Andrew Cashner