• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

112 Pro Bowlers so far - 6.7% of the NFL

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Legwold:

There are 13 injury replacements in Pro Bowl and 15 replacements for SB players..That's 112 Pro Bowlers or 6.7% of league

My biggest complaint with the Pro Bowl is that these replacements can call themselves Pro Bowlers and teams will put that in their bios on their websites if they make it. It drives me crazy. Other people can moan and groan about having a game or not having a game. I don't really care a whole lot what they do. That's just my only complaint with the Pro Bowl.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Legwold:

There are 13 injury replacements in Pro Bowl and 15 replacements for SB players..That's 112 Pro Bowlers or 6.7% of league

My biggest complaint with the Pro Bowl is that these replacements can call themselves Pro Bowlers and teams will put that in their bios on their websites if they make it. It drives me crazy. Other people can moan and groan about having a game or not having a game. I don't really care a whole lot what they do. That's just my only complaint with the Pro Bowl.

I agree. This information will also find its way onto teams' media guides and game announcers will then refer to them as a "Pro-Bowl" this & that without qualifying it - it's bogus and diminishes the accomplishment of those legitimately voted in.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The probowl used to be kind of silly.

Now it's completely meaningless. They honestly should get rid of it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. They shouldn't be considered true Pro Bowlers.

Also agreed that the Pro Bowl should be eliminated. Sports like football shouldn't have meaningless exhibitions that nobody watches. Why risk the health of your best players in a meaningless game? I know that there are a bunch of safety rules, but guys can get injured even when there's no contact with another player.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Captain Obvious. :clap:

:)

I always wanted that username, but there was someone else with that name that used to post on ESPN a bit. Plus, I don't always say obvious things - predictable yes, obvious no, because obviously I'm wrong often. Captain Obvious should only say obvious or sarcastic things, right? Don't answer that, that's obvious.