• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 to Goal. 34 rushes 27 yards 0.8 avg

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smash Mouth ball with the same crew got 1.9 last year.

The passing is also worse. Way worse than 2009.

TD%
19<
10<

24.1%
40.0%

Now
14.6%
21.1%

San Francisco 49ers 2011 Split Statistics - ESPN

I get that doing this great with passing takes special mix of skill and xp with QB and co but I'm not asking for 50%+ that Manning has done.

Why not steal some regular old plays that they have done and Alex could manage to see what is there because the defense is mostly standard down there? He wouldn't hit near half of them but just 25% would be an improvement.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Smash Mouth ball with the same crew got 1.9 last year.

The passing is also worse. Way worse than 2009.

TD%
19<
10<

24.1%
40.0%

Now
14.6%
21.1%

San Francisco 49ers 2011 Split Statistics - ESPN

I get that doing this great with passing takes special mix of skill and xp with QB and co but I'm not asking for 50%+ that Manning has done.

Why not steal some regular old plays that they have done and Alex could manage to see what is there because the defense is mostly standard down there? He wouldn't hit near half of them but just 25% would be an improvement.

It looks more like Smith's fear of throwing a pick is stopping him from jamming a TD throw into VD or another receiver. Most TD's are thrown to guys that are covered pretty well but the QB makes a good throw and the receiver attacks the ball for the TD.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It looks more like Smith's fear of throwing a pick is stopping him from jamming a TD throw into VD or another receiver. Most TD's are thrown to guys that are covered pretty well but the QB makes a good throw and the receiver attacks the ball for the TD.

you don't say

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's really good stuff.....while I am an avid user of baseball split stats, I've never even really looked at them for football. They definitely isolate a lot more stats these days than they used to.

Like I said in another thread, #1 problem with the entire offense is the short yardage running game. Its even worse than their deep passing game. The .8/attempt inside the 10 pretty much bears that out.....even if you adjust for short-yardage TD runs its still a horrible average.