• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 NFL QB's Under the Gun

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I am surprised that Alex isnt on there, not that I am going to turn this into a thread about our QB but I just know that there are alot of haters out there.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree that Romo is under the gun. He had an absolutely amazing year last year, stats wise, so I don't get that he is on the hook for the .500 record. A defense that couldn't stop anyone is. As for this year, it isn't looking good. Our #1 and #2 WR's are hurt, our #1 All pro TE is hurt, we still don't have our starting center and it shows, and yesterday was the first time we had our starting guards in practice.

Unless everyone gets really healthy, up to speed, and have no setbacks from a lack of practice...Romo won't have many weapons to even have a chance.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
To be honest I am surprised that Alex isnt on there, not that I am going to turn this into a thread about our QB but I just know that there are alot of haters out there.

Well the one thing in common about all those QBs is they had a rough season and didn't live up to expectations but Alex surpassed expectations last season which is likely why he's not on the list.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't agree that Romo is under the gun. He had an absolutely amazing year last year, stats wise, so I don't get that he is on the hook for the .500 record. A defense that couldn't stop anyone is. As for this year, it isn't looking good. Our #1 and #2 WR's are hurt, our #1 All pro TE is hurt, we still don't have our starting center and it shows, and yesterday was the first time we had our starting guards in practice.

Unless everyone gets really healthy, up to speed, and have no setbacks from a lack of practice...Romo won't have many weapons to even have a chance.

The life of the QBs is getting too much credit for winning and getting too much flak for losing. Also for Romo it doesn't help wearing the Cowboy uniform and having some head scratching meltdowns over his career.

I don't think his problem was just last season but his body of work. Which has been one whole playoff win which isn't a good look for him.

I would agree I don't really see him being under the gun as he does put up the stats so the logic is to get the rest of the team built around him (ie defense) and put him in position to succeed.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how would smith be under the gun? we're a running team, we just pass once in a while

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The life of the QBs is getting too much credit for winning and getting too much flak for losing. Also for Romo it doesn't help wearing the Cowboy uniform and having some head scratching meltdowns over his career.

I don't think his problem was just last season but his body of work. Which has been one whole playoff win which isn't a good look for him.

I would agree I don't really see him being under the gun as he does put up the stats so the logic is to get the rest of the team built around him (ie defense) and put him in position to succeed.

True. All the glory or all the blame. Other than the SEA fumble, Romo has been pretty good in the playoffs. If dumbass Crayton doesn't drop an easy 1st down, not only do the Giants have one less SB win but Dallas has at least one more playoff win. Of course same goes for if Romo just gets the ball down for the FG.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just like Cam Newton wasn't on the hook for Carolina's defense. Some people just don't like Romo or Dallas. Hmm... I wonder if we have anyone here that feels that way?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you hit the nail with your "his body of [playoff] work" comment

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Cam Newton wasn't on the hook for Carolina's defense. Some people just don't like Romo or Dallas. Hmm... I wonder if we have anyone here that feels that way?

Feel what way?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel what way?

I don't like the Cowboys, no. But I don't evaluate the players under that dislike. Romo has his positives despite being a Cowboy as well as his negatives. Some people, not saying on this board, do overly criticize Romo because of his team, just like some Cowboys fans exaggerate his status as a QB because of his team. Some do because of where he played, who he dated, etc., too. Somethings are not purely football evaluations. It's natural.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the one thing in common about all those QBs is they had a rough season and didn't live up to expectations but Alex surpassed expectations last season which is likely why he's not on the list.

Yeah but with him being in the same system again, I would have thought that they would have tossed him on the list. I do however agree with your assessment of the Rough Season factor having something to do with them being listed.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for FOX, they made a QB list without talking about Brett Favre. I'm proud of how much they've grown.

:popeye: