• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10/29 GDT World SERIOUS Game 7

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to spend the last couple of hours eating several helpings of crow pie. Delicious! FTR, I was wrong on July 4 -- no team that had played that poorly over a stretch of 30 games had ever made the playoffs, much less won the whole damn thing. But, the lads proved me wrong.

Clearly, I am in the business of being wrong.

I stayed off the board, as I explained to a couple of guys via message, so as not to be a disruptive force. I was always here though, lurking and reading. It's my community too, and I wanted to respect it and let you all enjoy the post season ride without any pantshatting from me (and believe me I did some epic diaper filling with the SP outside of Bum).

This World Series shit never gets old, does it? Anyway, if it's cool with everyone here I'd like to start with a clean slate for the offseason. That is, no hard feelings either way. I mean, winning is the best deodorant, right?

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU WHO NEVER WAIVERED (especially you, BoB), YOUR FAITH HAS BEEN AMPLY REWARDED.

YES! YES! YES!

We all know how deeply invested emotionally you are into this team, as all of us are. I look forward to discussing Giants offseason baseball and Spring Training prep.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee announced Wednesday evening that the city will hold a victory parade for the Giants on Friday following the team's Game 7 World Series victory against the Kansas City Royals.
Lee congratulated the Giants for their third World Series win in five years.

The parade is scheduled to start at noon at Market and Steuart Streets and continue up Market Street to Civic Center Plaza.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys who will get WS rings:

Dunning, Kickham, Quiroz, Brett Bochy, Heston, Abreu, Uggla, Scoots, Cordier, Brown, Dominguez, Huff, Kontos, Duvall, EA, TyCo, Guti, Hacktor, Hicks.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys who will get WS rings:

Dunning, Kickham, Quiroz, Brett Bochy, Heston, Abreu, Uggla, Scoots, Cordier, Brown, Dominguez, Huff, Kontos, Duvall, EA, TyCo, Guti, Hacktor, Hicks.

Extremely deserving.... played so bad it gave Panik a chance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Holy shit... I couldn't get through work without thinking of a million ways the Giants could lose this game if they didn't get their head in the game after yesterday's shit show. I've stayed off the boards lurking mostly because this season pissed me off more than I would like to admit, but never has crow been this delicious!

The turning point for me in the playoffs was the 18 inning game against Washington. I feel that was the point when the team showed its true grit and were not to be taken lightly. The entire postseason has been a catharsis of sorts since then, and I am pretty sure for the board as well.

That was one fucking hell of a season fellas.

Playoff Bochy for President!!

3 WS in 5!

Dynasty?

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit... I couldn't get through work without thinking of a million ways the Giants could lose this game if they didn't get their head in the game after yesterday's shit show. I've stayed off the boards lurking mostly because this season pissed me off more than I would like to admit, but never has crow been this delicious!

The turning point for me in the playoffs was the 18 inning game against Washington. I feel that was the point when the team showed its true grit and were not to be taken lightly. The entire postseason has been a catharsis of sorts since then, and I am pretty sure for the board as well.

That was one fucking hell of a season fellas.

Playoff Bochy for President!!

3 WS in 5!

Dynasty?

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

There is no question. Even doggie fans have to acknowledge this.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to spend the last couple of hours eating several helpings of crow pie. Delicious! FTR, I was wrong on July 4 -- no team that had played that poorly over a stretch of 30 games had ever made the playoffs, much less won the whole damn thing. But, the lads proved me wrong.

Clearly, I am in the business of being wrong.

I stayed off the board, as I explained to a couple of guys via message, so as not to be a disruptive force. I was always here though, lurking and reading. It's my community too, and I wanted to respect it and let you all enjoy the post season ride without any pantshatting from me (and believe me I did some epic diaper filling with the SP outside of Bum).

This World Series shit never gets old, does it? Anyway, if it's cool with everyone here I'd like to start with a clean slate for the offseason. That is, no hard feelings either way. I mean, winning is the best deodorant, right?

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU WHO NEVER WAIVERED (especially you, BoB), YOUR FAITH HAS BEEN AMPLY REWARDED.

YES! YES! YES!

Welcome Back!

But, you were never really gone .... family never leaves .... they just change their seating arrangements ..... and at times go silent .... you were missed ...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blanco breathes a sigh of relief after nearly blowing it! And his arm is a joke...couldn't even hit the mound from mid-centerfield on a line drive when KC tied it at 2.

And Mad Bum is amazing. Tough to hit that swooping technique.

Good job Giants. (Better resign the Panda)

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT A TEAM!!! I'm still in shock 3 titles in 5 years amazing and Madbum was just so clutch when it matter, 60+ pitches after 2 days rest. WORLD CHAMPS YES YES YES!!!
Some were worried about him hitting a wall and imploding during his epic save, but I just hope he doesn't suffer any long term physical effects what with the number of innings and pitches thrown this year.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some were worried about him hitting a wall and imploding during his epic save, but I just hope he doesn't suffer any long term physical effects what with the number of innings and pitches thrown this year.

Agreed, but even if he (G-d forbid!) goes the full Nen on us -- we STILL WON THREE IN FIVE YEARS.

Can't take that away.

EVER.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Game 6 GDT...

How many heart attacks would this cause?

Bottom of the 9th, Giants up by 3, two outs, bases loaded.

Butler at the plate and hits one DEEP to LF. Perez runs back to the wall and pulls it back from over the fence.

I am not sure I would survive long enough to see Posey jump in Casillas arms.

Not EXACTLY how I painted it, but VERY similar...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Who cares? It's the name on the front, not the name on the back. We won tonight. I'd have given it to MadBum, but I don't think he really cares, either.

Exactly.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the game he made a joke on a KNBR interview saying he "wanted to make it interesting." Felt like punching his face in through the car speakers.

Still so much anger AFTER we win the WS?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal (or any mod),

Can you please modify the titles of the three championship game threads to include the year? It's getting confusing. :yahoo:

And it's bound to get more confusing in the coming years. :lol:

YES! YES! YES! (YES!) (YES!) (YES!)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal (or any mod),

Can you please modify the titles of the three championship game threads to include the year? It's getting confusing. :yahoo:

And it's bound to get more confusing in the coming years. :lol:

YES! YES! YES! (YES!) (YES!) (YES!)

Here it is.

The downside to winning so many championships.

:suds:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like keeping them as-is. More historical.

2010 was Game 5

2012 was Game 4

2014 was Game 7

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was talking with my son about the game and he brought up the double play started by Panik and how the reversal of the call at first was a little karma thrown back at the Royals and the blown call in game 6 of the 85 series.