• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hexy is thinking about trading any of those picks i want it to be a package of both 14th and 19th pick to move up in this years draft.

Yep, agreed. Or for more immediate help like Skinner.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who are we going after with this move? Just curious.

According to the smart people that do the math, the 14th and 19th picks combined should have an expected value equal to the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft. Assuming Dahlin and Svechnikov go 1-2 (widely reported), Kotkaniemi, Zadina, Wahlstrom, Hughes, Tkachuk, Boqvist and Dobson are the next tier so to speak.

Hughes and Boqvist are basically Ghost 2.0. Probably not a need.

Kotkaniemi makes me nervous. He's climbed a lot the past couple weeks without having played an additional game to warrant that climb.

Zadina is projected as an elite scoring winger, Wahlstrom everyone just talks about his shot. So Zadina over Wahlstrom.

So it's Zadina, Tkachuk, or Dobson for me. Seems like it's a Phil Kessel type, Simmonds type, or Provorov type selection based on their scouting reports. Tough to go wrong with any of them really. If they can actually get up that high.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the smart people that do the math, the 14th and 19th picks combined should have an expected value equal to the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft. Assuming Dahlin and Svechnikov go 1-2 (widely reported), Kotkaniemi, Zadina, Wahlstrom, Hughes, Tkachuk, Boqvist and Dobson are the next tier so to speak.

Hughes and Boqvist are basically Ghost 2.0. Probably not a need.

Kotkaniemi makes me nervous. He's climbed a lot the past couple weeks without having played an additional game to warrant that climb.

Zadina is projected as an elite scoring winger, Wahlstrom everyone just talks about his shot. So Zadina over Wahlstrom.

So it's Zadina, Tkachuk, or Dobson for me. Seems like it's a Phil Kessel type, Simmonds type, or Provorov type selection based on their scouting reports. Tough to go wrong with any of them really. If they can actually get up that high.
Great post, I looked all these players up and I'm with you except I like Tkachuk and Dobson the best.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man its going to be boring until the draft in a couple of weeks.
True that but at least you are providing me with plenty of reading material lol. Unfortunately and fortunately for me this is my busiest time at work so it helps get through the off season!:D

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that but at least you are providing me with plenty of reading material lol. Unfortunately and fortunately for me this is my busiest time at work so it helps get through the off season!:D
Being busy will make the day go by faster for you also. Ill keep providing material so when you get a break you are entertained. :suds:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being busy will make the day go by faster for you also. Ill keep providing material so when you get a break you are entertained. :suds:

Lol A little content goes a long way my friend, and I do read on my breaks and a little at lunch, however I spend most lunch hours with my little girl.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The common picks I have seen are:
14 - Farabee
19 - Wilde - RHD.

I have a feeling, however, NYI takes Farabee at 12. That could leave use with either Veleno or Hayton to chose from. However, it plays out, it is looking like a pretty deep draft for the 1st round.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is ineteresting to me as well. However, I mostly agree with @awaz on many things related to the Flyers and I believe he was scared of picking this prospect for whatever reason? His draft stock has risen quite high just recently so I wonder of being a more cautious type thing? Maybe he is a Temu Selane type of player from Finland, I don't know?:noidea:

I'm good with him, just concerned with some of the reports about him going in the 4-7 range. If they trade up that far, I'm more comfortable with the guys that have been there for a few months. Tkachuk, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Zadina, Hughes, etc.

Kotkaniemi was in the 10-15 range until a month or so ago, then he jumped 5-10 spots. He hasn't played any games since then and that's a big jump, that's my only concern with him. Why the jump with no new information?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is ineteresting to me as well. However, I mostly agree with @awaz on many things related to the Flyers and I believe he was scared of picking this prospect for whatever reason? His draft stock has risen quite high just recently so I wonder of being a more cautious type thing? Maybe he is a Temu Selane type of player from Finland, I don't know?:noidea:
If he is as good Teemu Selanne we need to trade up and get him immediately

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a weird draft, if the Flyers stay where they are I kinda like something about everyone in that area haha

I think Kupari at 14 and Wilde at 19 would be my ideal draft, but lots can happen that would be good for the Flyers I think.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is as good Teemu Selanne we need to trade up and get him immediately

Absolutely! If he was that good, or might be that good, he would be rated much higher than he is I expect.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a weird draft, if the Flyers stay where they are I kinda like something about everyone in that area haha

I think Kupari at 14 and Wilde at 19 would be my ideal draft, but lots can happen that would be good for the Flyers I think.
I want to trade both picks for Wahlstrom of Tkachuk.