• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to LV for advancing in the AHL playoffs. They are looking very good. Next up Toronto. That should be a great series.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MacKinnon is a good choice for sure. I was thinking Schiefele or Laine. Scheifele is on a great contract. 6.1 through 2024.

Oh man, MacKinnon is too 6.3 through 2023.

Laine is tough because he's still RFA and will get a whopper in a couple seasons.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy says he'd rather pay Nino Neiderreiter than give the same money to Simmonds.

I have to assume he was drunk while writing this article.

All comes down to age. Nino is 4 years younger. I get that argument for sure, and I wouldn't do Simmonds for 4 years 5.25 after this season I don't think.
All that being said, I don't have much interest in Nino at 4 years 5.25 either. I don't think he's that good honestly. I'd take Simmonds over him skill wise every day of the week.

RE Simmonds: I just worry about him holding up. I have no interest in trading Simmonds away though. At least keep him for the year and make the decision next summer. I don't care about 'losing him for nothing' at this point. Keep him, he makes you a better team now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MacKinnon is a good choice for sure. I was thinking Schiefele or Laine. Scheifele is on a great contract. 6.1 through 2024.

Oh man, MacKinnon is too 6.3 through 2023.

Laine is tough because he's still RFA and will get a whopper in a couple seasons.
I wouldn't mind having Laine of Shieffele. Any forward of that age and talent if added to what to we already have up front would be ridiculous.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All comes down to age. Nino is 4 years younger. I get that argument for sure, and I wouldn't do Simmonds for 4 years 5.25 after this season I don't think.
All that being said, I don't have much interest in Nino at 4 years 5.25 either. I don't think he's that good honestly. I'd take Simmonds over him skill wise every day of the week.

RE Simmonds: I just worry about him holding up. I have no interest in trading Simmonds away though. At least keep him for the year and make the decision next summer. I don't care about 'losing him for nothing' at this point. Keep him, he makes you a better team now.
I didn't take age into the equation so that makes it closer. But losing Simmer for nothing wouldn't be smart. You just cant lose a year in year our 25-35 goal scorer for nothing.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to LV for advancing in the AHL playoffs. They are looking very good. Next up Toronto. That should be a great series.
If Lyon plays as good this series as he did the last they will sweep Toronto.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the friggin world can the Pens afford Tavares?

Even if they could, why would they? They need dmen worse than the Flyers need dmen and already have 2 of the best C's in the league. Not enough ice time to go around for Cros/Malkin/Tavares for that kind of investment to be worth it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the friggin world can the Pens afford Tavares?
The Pens would have to cut some salary somewhere to fit Tavares. They’re lucky the salary cap is expected to go up about $5 million this summer, but they did re-sign Hornqvist and still have Rust to re-sign too. Conor Sheary ($3.0m), Carl Hagelin ($4.0m), Matt Hunwick ($2.25) would all seem like reasonable candidates to have to be traded in order to fit Tavares. Similarly Riley Sheahan (due a $2.075m qualifying offer) might be too expensive and too much of a luxury to keep on a crowded center depth chart. Another candidate for trading might be Brassard, who has just one year left on his contract ($3.0m cap hit for the Pens).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't take age into the equation so that makes it closer. But losing Simmer for nothing wouldn't be smart. You just cant lose a year in year our 25-35 goal scorer for nothing.

I'd rather keep Simmonds this year, knowing he's UFA next year, rather than trade him or re-sign him this summer. JMO.

Maybe you can get him on a 'buy low' contract after this season, but if I were Simmonds I wouldn't agree to that after being such a bargain the past 4-5 years. I'd bet on myself and take it to next summer unless the Flyers truly gave me a great deal.

At that point, I'd be willing to walk away rather than lock him up in what could be an ugly deal, a la Lucic. He doesn't play a style that ages well once you get to 33+ and he'd be 31 at the start of the 2019-20 season.

If you can re-sign him next summer at like 3 years, 4 mil or even like 2 years 6 mil, I would do it. But knowing how free agency seems to go (if he has a good year), someone will offer like 5 years 6 mil and I just wouldn't do that. I'd rather lose him for nothing.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they could, why would they? They need dmen worse than the Flyers need dmen and already have 2 of the best C's in the league. Not enough ice time to go around for Cros/Malkin/Tavares for that kind of investment to be worth it.
You can never have 2 many all stars. Malkin can play wing as he did/does on Crosby's line. I really hope its not them who gets him if he leaves.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can never have 2 many all stars. Malkin can play wing as he did/does on Crosby's line. I really hope its not them who gets him if he leaves.

I'd rather spend that money on John Carlson if I were a Pens fan. You still have money to add more after that too.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New game for today: Who would you add if you could add any player right now? Free to acquire him, but keep in mind contract, age, and what the Flyers already have.

I say Barkov, provided we could extend him. 22 years old and locked in at $5.9 million for four more seasons.

Also Rantanen or Barzal if you want to go even younger.

Pastrnak, Laine, Point, Eichel, Matthews. Lots of guys that are young and still on entry level deals.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad he's only had flashes here, he seems like another player that Hakstol seems lost coaching which is a damn shame, he's got good solid talent..
I agree hes had flashes here . When he shows these flashes i think he's going to become great all of a sudden. Hes 29 years old those and the days are gone for his potential. What we saw last year is what we will get with him forever.