• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Overall Secured

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you take? 2 choices imo.

Mariota...the pick makes sense...better overall risk than Winston...if PHI calls with a crazy offer I might trade down.

L. Williams...thought to be the clear cut best DL in the draft...pair him with McCoy inside...Lovie has to be tempted.

If FSU wins this CFB championship and Winston plays well, he will jump to the #1 slot...I could see the Bucs taking him under that circumstance.

Anybody else?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pleeeeeeeeeease take Mariota! :hope:

Aero407

Blame Jameis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota was doing a lot of throwing across his body in that Rose Bowl game. I sure as hell hope it was because he knows he can/could......instead of a wicked habit that will cost him in the NFL. Another thing to keep in mind is how much work would need to be done in order to build the right offense to suit Mariota's skills. He is not a guy you can plug and play in any system and see #1 overall success.

Best case scenario is Philadelphia calls up and wants to deal. Chip now has control over his personnel and already runs the offense Mariota is accustomed. We'll take an RG3-like deal for the pick and happily take Jameis with pick 20.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Tampa Bay GM, how many ACTIVE GMs have taken a QB with the first pick that only played 2 years in College? ...and you think Winston will be the exception to the rule? With all that baggage???

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Tampa Bay GM, how many ACTIVE GMs have taken a QB with the first pick that only played 2 years in College? ...and you think Winston will be the exception to the rule? With all that baggage???

I don't get why you think this matters.

How many QB's in a two year span; won a Heisman, a national title, had two undefeated regular seasons, reached a Rose Bowl and went 25-1 as a starter? lol